Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Songs I Feel

I am sure you have all seen enough of my banana guns mug for now. I have a few ideas for other funny posts, but I am exhausted and I've been meaning to post some of these for a while now.

There are some lyrics that just strike a chord deep inside me for various reasons. Some are sad, some are lighthearted. Some take me back many years and bring either fond or sombre memories.

I wanted to post either full or partial lyrics to one of those songs today. I promise more funny will follow sometime soon.

The first song?

The Philosopher Kings - You're Allowed.wma

(Don't be thrown off by the sounds at the start)

The boys who split your lip and hurt your pride
They broke you more than you know
And all the secret things, that bump in the night
The woes (wolves) outside your door

You're allowed to feel afraid
You're allowed to feel alone
You're allowed to ask out loud

mmmm mm hm mmm hmm

The boys that pulled your hair and hurt your pride
They broke you more than you know
And that drowning dream that comes in the night
The woes (wolves) outside your door


You're allowed to feel afraid
You're allowed to feel alone
You're allowed to ask out loud

You're eyes burn with sleep and your ears stop hearing me
Like when his body relaxes over you
     There's nothing in the world  --  There's nothing that's for real
                        There's nothing that's for real
                        There's nothing that's for real
                        There's nothing that's for real
                        There's nothing that's for real

You're allowed to feel alone
You're allowed to ask out loud

You're allowed
You're allowed
You're allowed


Song:   You're Allowed
Artist:   The Philosopher Kings (Copyright and all rights reserved to them and owned by them, etc. blah blah)
Album: Famous, Rich and Beautiful




[EDIT: File has been uploaded the only way that would work... might require a download and there may be limitations. Will remove after a few days. No online love for Canadian artist's obscure songs.]


_____________________________________________________ Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Music moves. Not just physically but spiritually and mentally. :-)

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music can really talk to you, and it seems like when you feel the most down is when you hear the saddest song...

    I voted a 10 for your banana guns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the urge to post song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of song lyric posts... I may just steal that one.

    SD
    http://simpledudecomplexworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you find one i would love to hear it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and that being said, the Philosopher Kings were way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Barb the French Bean - indeed. I find especially so when I am alone.

    *AmberLaShell - thanks for the vote, and yup, music can sure can bring on the sadness sometimes, or allow me to wallow. Or, sometimes, get me pumped up and super-hyper. It all depends.

    *Yandie, Goddess of Pickles - being a musician yourself, you would understand totally. Sometimes you can just feel it. The Philosopher Kings tried to re-unite in 2006 I guess, but nothing new on their website now.

    *Simple Dude - steal? Steal??!? NOOOOooooo.....! ;-)

    *becca - it's up for now, let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete

I get far too excited when new comments come in here...